The draw for the quarterfinals of the UEFA Champions League has been done, with a possible Bayern Munich vs Barcelona encounter in the pipe.
Bayern are still in the round of 16, as they hold a 3-0 advantage over Chelsea, while Barcelona are still to play Napoli to decide the team to advance to the quarterfinals.
The draw, which was made on Friday, also saw a possible clash between Engish giants Manchester City and Serie A giants Juventus.
City, who hold a 2-1 advantage over Real Madrid in their round of 16 tie, will face Lyon or Juventus in the last eight if they hold on to their advantage.
All quarter-final clashes are to take place between 12 and 15 of August, with the emaining last-16 fixtures to hold on 7-8 August.
Draw in full
1) Real Madrid or Manchester City v Lyon or Juventus
2) RB Leipzig v Atletico Madrid
3) Napoli or Barcelona v Chelsea or Bayern Munich
4) Atalanta v Paris St-Germain
The semifinal draw was also made on Friday. The last-four ties are billed to take place on 18 and 19 of August.
– Winner of quarter-final one v winner of quarter-final three
– Winner of quarter-final two v winner of quarter-final four
The final of the 2019/20 UEFA Champions League is billed to hold at Benfica’s Estadio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica on August 23.
The quarter-finals, semis and final will be held over 12 days in Portugal in a final-eight format.
- ‘They made a story from nothing’ – Dessers denies dumping Super Eagles for Belgium - August 3, 2020
- FIFA backs Infantino amid criminal investigation, says he remains President - August 3, 2020
- Oshoala bags brace in friendly win for Barcelona Ladies - August 2, 2020