These 10 top stories from Nigerian newspapers will interest you.
1. Buhari orders security agents to shoot anyone in possession of AK-47 rifle, others
President Muhammadu Buhari has directed the military and other security agents to shoot any individual found in possession of an AK-47 rifle and other sophisticated weapons. Read more
2. Hoodlums stole $2m, N17m from my palace during #ENDSARS protests – Akiolu
The Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, said on Wednesday suspected hoodlums took away $2 million and N17 million from his palace during last year’s #ENDSARS protests in the state. Read more
3. Traders agree to resume north to south movement of food items in Nigeria
The leadership of the Northern traders’ group under the aegis of Amalgamated Union of Foodstuff and Cattle Dealers of Nigeria has agreed to resume the movement of food items from the northern to the southern part of the country. Read more
4. PANDEF charges FG to declare Gumi’s statement on Nigerian military as hate speech
The Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) on Wednesday challenged the Federal Government to declare the statements credited to an Islamic scholar, Sheik Abubakar Gumi, on the military as hate speech. Read more
5. Nigerian govt extends work-from-home directive for civil servants
The Federal Government on Wednesday extended the work-from-home directive to civil servants till the end of this month. Read more
6. Investors lose N91.85bn as bearish run in Nigeria’s stock market continues
Investors in the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) lost N91.85 billion as the bearish run in the market continued on Wednesday. Read more
7. Google introduces Bitcoin, other cryptos, on its finance platform
American tech giant, Google, has introduced Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin as legal tenders on its finance platform. Read more
8. Naira plunges further against US dollar by N2.33
The exchange rate between the naira and the United State’s Dollar closed at N411.63/$1 at the Investors and Exporters window on Tuesday, March 2. Read more
9. Jumia’s 2020 revenue dropped by 12.9% – Report
Jumia recorded a 12.9 percent revenue shortfall in 2020. Read more
10. Barcelona reach final after incredible Copa del Rey comeback against Sevilla
Barcelona have zoomed into the final of the Copa del Rey after completing an incredible comeback against Sevilla in their semifinal tie. Read more
Join the conversation
INVESTIGATION… Ten years after, communities count losses as AfDB, Cross River govt abandon road project
Ten years after the Cross River State government and African Development Bank (AFDB) jointly awarded the Yahe-Wanokom-Wanikade-Benue border road for...
INVESTIGATION….N.3bn down the drain: Why water projects for Enugu communities don’t work
In this concluding part, ARINZE CHIJIOKE talks about some of the projects that are serving the people and how various WASH programmes have failed to tackle...
INVESTIGATION…PARKVIEW ESTATE: Exclusive images of how billionaire property developer incurred Lagos govt‘s anger
Many have seen the demolished building, but not many know the circumstances that led to the teardown of the about...
INVESTIGATION… N.3bn down the drain, as Enugu communities suffer from dry taps
In November 2020, three organizations and the Enugu State government celebrated the completion of N300 million worth of projects that were expected...
INVESTIGATION… How herdsmen crisis compounds woes of already deprived Ogun communities
Earlier in January, the Nigerian media space was awash with reports of violence between herders and farmers across the country....